Sunday, August 14, 2011

HELP! My grandma needs a lung! HELP!?

My grandma was diagnosed with a severe case of lung cancer about 2 or 3 years ago several years after her husband he had died of pancreatic cancer. Luckily, they caught it at an early stage and removed the small tumor from the top of her lung. On top of the cancer she has been suffering from emphysema for many years from smoking earlier in her life. She walks around with an air tank at ALL times, she CANNOT go with out. On rare occasions when she does shes either sitting or in a wheel chair, but again those are rare occasions. She can walk about 20 to 30 ft and then she can't breath and becomes anxiety ridden and has to stop for about 10min to catch her breath and calm down. With the cancer came Keomo therapy, as expected but it tore apart her muscles making her even more weak than she already was. My whole existence I can remember her always having breathing problems but NEVER this bad. At this point there is nothing me or my family can do (which to mention we have family problems that contribute to her anxiety and lack of help from other family members) and it pains me to watch her suffer. She's only 66 but according to her doctor she's too old to have an immediate lung transplant and needs to be cancer free for 5 years before even being considered on a list. She has the money to go to do whatever shes needs to get this lung, but she has become so hopelss and stressed, she just doesn't have the fight in her. I am desperate and willing to do absolutely ANYTHING to help her, she is an amazing women that has lived an amazing life and deserves more than what she's getting right now. She wants to travel and to garden, she wants to walk up stairs or go on a walk on a beautiful day. To be completely honest I don't think my grandmother can physically or mentally take this for another 5 years, only to be told she has to wait an x amount of time for a lung. I'm wondering if there is anything/anybody I can talk to.. anything I can do to get her a lung!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment